How to grade answer sheets all within Canvas
Step 1 – Add an “Assignment” in Canvas
- Add an assignment in Canvas
- Select GradeHub as your Tool provider
- We automatically sync your roster (i.e, instructors, TAs, and students) and create answer sheets for your exam
Step 2 – Print answer sheets from Canvas. Just a few clicks and you’re good to go!
- We put a custom answer sheet with pre-filled IDs in each student’s Canvas account.
- You have a duplicate set of answer sheet in Canvas without IDs to print too.
- You give your test and collect answer sheets just like scantrons.
Step 3 – grade answer sheets conveniently from Canvas from your home or office in minutes. No more trips across campus or waiting in lines at midterms and finals!
- Create your answer key in Canvas. We have advanced grading features too, such as multiple test versions, multiple correct answers, weighting, partial credit, penalties, and extra credit questions.
- Edit the answer key at any time, and we rescore all exams and update reports, pronto!
- Use any scanner to scan and then upload a PDF of the completed answer sheets
- GradeHub identifies and eliminates student marking errors
- And that’s it, your exams are scored!
Step 4 – review exam results on any device from anywhere in Canvas. You receive valuable feedback!
- Test reliability using Cronbach’s Alpha
- Summary test statistics, such as, mean, median, standard deviation
- Item statistics, such as point biserial, Cronbach’s Alpha with delete, and 27% Upper/Lower groupings
- Missing students
Step 5 – sync grades to your grade book in Canvas. Your students are kept in the loop too!
- Click the release grades button and sync student scores to “Grades” in Canvas
- Like magic, grades are synced to your grade book. Say goodbye to CSV downloads or students id errors.
- Students receive a histogram of class exam results, their score, and the questions they missed on the exam.